Friday, March 20, 2009

A little family vacation

Every year at this time we take a trip to St. George. I have to go down for work, but I only worked for 4 hours and we were there for 4 days. Not bad. It was nice to spend time with my little family. The weather was perfect. Warren loved to be able to run free at the park and feel the warm sun.

It has been almost a year since Warren has been on a vacation and it was rather interesting. I learned a few things while we were down there.
1. Traveling with a toddler is quite an experience.
2. The biggest hotel room in St. George still isn't big enough for all of Warren's gear.
3. Although Warren LOVES the water, he doesn't like the "adult pool." He prefers a kiddie pool or splash park where he can be his little independent self. He is not a fan of floaties, being held in the pool or a life jacket.
4. Warren is allergic to sunblock. That should present a challenge when he is far from a tan person and won't wear a hat.
5. Benadryl is great for an allergic reaction to sunblock and at the same time makes little boys sleep well in a hotel.
6. Of the 100 times I have been to St. George, I have never taken the time to stop at Cove Fort (between Fillmore and Beaver, just off of I-15). I am glad we did this time. It was a great experience. Warren had a great time running around. It was a really neat place to see. I highly recommend taking the extra 30 minutes on a trip down south to see it.












Warren LOVED the heart shaped jetted tub in our room. We got in there about 10 times in 4 days.






My little angel boy who has a very strong spirit does not like sitting in a high chair at a restaurant. We either put him in his 5 point harness stroller or eat really fast. We actually walked out of Olive Garden and took our meals to go after he had a tantrum good enough we couldn't sit there and feel people staring at us any longer. Much to our pleasant surprise, one night he fell asleep in the car, made the transfer to his stroller and slept through dinner. Not any dinner either. It was Texas Road House, one of the loudest restaurants ever. I guess a day at the park, the pool and running around a hotel with no nap is what we need to do to earn a peaceful dinner. It is SO not like him to sleep in his stroller.


Andrew, my carnivore husband, was very excited to find a secret item at Inn & Out Burger that is not on the menu. Triple Animal Style. It was huge.





The Holiday Inn left an over sized coffee mug in the room for us with carmel's in it. Warren thought it was the coolest thing ever. He drug it around with him most of the trip. The picture doesn't do the mug justice. It is huge! You could probably put a half a gallon of coffee in there.



How random is this store?? Kind of a strange combo, but it provided a great laugh.




The end of the trip wasn't so fun. We were home unpacking. Warren got a hold of the camera so of course, Andrew took it away. Our little stinker cried so hard he passed out. It was scary to see him turn purple then go limp. I had heard of kids doing it which helped my panic level and I have learned it hasn't ever been linked to doing permanent damage. What scared us is when he came out of it he was SO lethargic. Ten minutes later he rolled over and fell asleep in the hall. For anyone who knows Warren, he doesn't just fall asleep anywhere. Of course, as first time parents we were worried and called the doctor. They said if he was that lethargic we needed to have him checked out. He slept through me putting a jacket on him and transporting him to the doctor. As soon as the doctor came in, he snapped out of it and was the bouncy boy we know and love. Good to know from here on out that unless he has a fever which is a sign of serious infection that goes along with passing out, he doesn't need to be seen when he passes out. The doctor said we can expect to see it again. Awesome. What a great way to end a vacation.







8 comments:

Fisher Family said...

Fun pictures! It looks like you had a fun trip. The passing out thing is scary, I hope you're lucky and he doesn't do that again.

Lizzy said...

dont you love trips with your little family?! i am glad you guys had fun!

holly said...

it looks like you guys had fun!

i love the tub....i forgot to tell you warren kept kissing kate the other night...perhaps he was thinking of his heart shaped tub :)

& vic was such a dork....he was all worried about it...typical vic....but i told warren to kiss away....atleast for now!!

i'm glad you got to get away. this long winter needs to end!!!

see you tomorrow :)

Jessica said...

Sounds like a fun time. It;s always hard to travel with kids. I always tend to over pack and we have a million things. I have gotten much better though.

I would be freaked out if my girls got so upset they passed out. I have heard of that happening, but it is still scary for sure. Poor guy and poor mommy.

And for Andrew, when Kyle and I first moved to Cali we were sitting at Inn n out and we saw a guy with the animal style fries and a 4 patty burger with tons of cheese. We couldn't stop staring. I think we were waiting for him to have a heart attack.
(he wasn't in the best shape)

Adrienne said...

Looks like a great trip and that store name has still got me laughing.

Eric said...

Sound like fun trip guys had and sorry about warren pass out. It scary thing and remember when Eliza stop breathing on us.

the mama monster said...

james mom warned us that this might happen.apparantly it happened to his sisters all the time. i have never seen it happen. i can't beleive warren did that! he sure is a cute,active boy. we had fun with him at the aquarium. traveling with kids is a whole other world huh?

Becca said...

with all that fun, and don't forget the heart shaped tub, no wonder he passed out. I would too! sounds like a great trip.