Well as I started looking I realized there are a million to choose from. So many factors go into it. Day of the week, location, price, curriculum. Well I got a tip on a school and went to check it out in January. We were SO IMPRESSED with the school and the teacher. We were so excited to get the call that said "we were very impressed with Warren and would like to invite him to attend our school!"
The weeks went by, then months before school actually started. I was second guessing myself. The school isn't all that close to my house. It's not cheap. Will it be fun? Because she said they don't have free play time "you pay me to teach your children, not play with them."
I had to keep reminding myself why we picked that school. Some of the things I loved were
1. When she said she believes children should learn in a garden and that is what she has made her school look like.
2. She has an etiquette program in school. She teaches them table manners. They get to practice twice a year. Once at the Witches Brew and then in the Spring at the Mad Hatter's Tea. I was blown away by the detail of this little 5 course meal for our preschool kids.
3. They have a text book.... funny. But they really focus on education.
4. The statement "you pay me to teach your children" was nice to hear. I know they will be learning the whole time and not playing toys because they can do that at home.
5. Her desire to be with kids. It seems like fun to the teacher and not a JOB.
6. They are learning to play the violin. I never planned to have my kids learn the violin, but studies show learning the violin helps kids learn other subjects better. So we are all for it.
7. They will start a French inversion program at the end of the year and continue next year.
8. The teacher has a few connections to private/charter schools so we have a better chance of getting in after preschool (I hope).
She had a professional photographer at the Witches Brew. They sent a disk home with 400 pictures. I can't believe the detail. The little tea cups, fresh flowers, cute straws. candle sticks. menu's. Everything was SO CUTE!! Here are a few......



























2 comments:
That is impressive. Freak I want to go there!
To bad he never does anything In school... :)
Post a Comment