It has been ONE CRAZY WEEK. We have had the 5th Annual Sanctioned High School Girls Golf State Championships. It is so exciting to me to see how much it has grown. From 30 girls when I started the little program, to now well over 1000 playing each season. It' pretty freaking awesome. We were in St. George, Vernal and Heber this week. I am SO exhausted, but it has been awesome.
Seeing all of those girls out there playing is satisfaction in itself to me, but some of the highlights from the week:
*The San Diego State Women's Golf Coach flew in to recruit players FROM UTAH!!! How freaking awesome. The best part is she went out of her way to meet me. She said she can't believe how big the program has gotten over such a short time. She was so complimentary to me and impressed that I started it. She was awesome. It makes me want to be a college ladies golf coach one day.
*On the College Coach note, we had SO MANY THERE. We are big time now. We had the San Diego State, Dixie State, Indiana Hoosiers Coach, BYU, Weber State, UVU. Seriously, how cool is that.
*I loved watching the girls giggle their way through it. Exchanging phone numbers and becoming life long friends.
*The girls are becoming good little players. Their scores get so much better every year.
*If I could keep one moment and wrap it up to have forever it would be this. I had a mom pull me aside and asked if I had a minute to talk. Of course, so we went and sat on the patio. She told me about her daughter who 5 years ago was in 8th grade and very shy. Her parents were worried about her. They weren't sure how she would handle High School. Then she heard that Girls Golf had been sanctioned with the High School Activities Association. Because it was so new, this little girl decided to try it because she knew she wouldn't be the only new one out there. Well, 5 years later this little girl has blossomed, become an incredible golfer and has been given a full ride scholarship to college. Her mother then told me there is no way her family would have ever been able to send her to college without golf. She teared up and thanked me with the most sincere heart for changing her daughter's life. She was such a sweet women, she told me she's one of many stories like that. It made me feel so good. Sometimes it's hard to leave my kids to go to work, but it's nice to know there are good things being done in the process.
| So many players, parents, coaches and friends out to participate. |
| This little girl, Sirene Blair will be going to a fabulous school. She hasn't picked which one, but has a lot of neat offers. |
| Desert Hills. 3A Champs 4 years in a row. |
| Love seeing all of the ladies out there with their matching uniforms and bags |
| I was excited about how much media we had. Every news paper, a few bloggers and a couple TV stations. It was a neat week. |
Thanks to my friends and family for helping me with the kiddos. It takes a village. And I need the help for these crazy 3 weeks. My mom has been coming out to our house so the kids can nap in their own beds, what a champion. My awesome neighbors Jeni and Aly are there to take them last minute. LOVE YOU GUYS. And Andrew's mom has always been good to help too, and I appreciate that so much.
THANKS ALL.
Now, I get to put an awards banquet together for the top 100 High School Golfers in the state. So, once I get that overwith, I'll sleep next weekend.
2 comments:
Glad you survived it all! The story about the 8th grader who now has college paid for because of her golf was very touching. Way to go Annie!
I actually really loved hearing you pat yourself on the back! :) I like hearing about what people do...remember how I am in the market? haha just so Koen will like me a little more. ;)
Post a Comment