We took the plunge. After months of going back and forth..... we bought a van. I cried myself to sleep the first night, but that's probably because I hadn't driven it yet. The first full day I had it, it started to grow on me. And today, I am in love. My only regret is that we didn't get it sooner.
The Aspen was a good car. I was never in love with it.... but for the size it was a great deal so we bought it. And I drove it happily for a couple of years. But the gas was SO MUCH. $90 every 6-7 days was a joke. But the thing that finally made me decide it was time for a van was when a wind storm took one of our doors on the Aspen and swung it open, denting a car next to us causing $900 in damage to the other car. Not to mention, Weston fell on his head in the mess as I tried to catch the door. Then a couple of days later, the wind blew the door shut while I was standing there and really messed up my knee. So, sliding doors for us now. Plus, I have car A.D.D. and I haven't ever kept a car for more than 2 years. And I am thrilled with the decision to become a van family, even if it did take a little pride swallowing.
Warren jumped in the night it was delivered to our house and he yelled, "Welcome to the family van." Weird, but driving a van really makes me feel like a more credible mom. As nerdy as it may be, I really love it. And how can you complain about 28MPG. Yes, welcome to the family van.
Top things I love about the silver bullet:
-I can park next to other cars without worrying about opening doors and denting them.
-I have had it for a week and my gas tank is only half way empty
-Warren and Weston both jump in on their own and can climb in their car seats
-8 cupholders within reach of the drivers seat. And yes. I usually have that many beverages with me.
-Compartments EVERYWHERE. And I keep finding new ones.
-I can pull up to the ATM, car wash, bank window, drive thru windows without having to open my driver door. The Aspen was just tall enough and I am just short enough that I couldn't reach without opening the door.
-Andrew can turn on the AC on his side, and I can turn the heater on on my side.
Seriously loving it.

2 comments:
The door thing would be amazing. Everyone I know says they love it. Why can I just not do it? The idea sounds ideal, but my pride is too big! haha
But PS what is my pride even about? It isn't like I look down on people who drive vans?!? LOL
Post a Comment