One of our favorite parts of the night was the lanterns. Dr. Tom brought lanterns like the ones on Tangled. We set them off during the kids 9:00 clebration before they went to bed. The kids thought they were so cool. My mom and dad were at a party in Draper that night. She asked me yesterday "did you see the lanterns?" They are so awesome, and so big that they could be seen all the way in Draper even though we set them off in Sandy.
It's hard to see them, but you get the idea.
As I look back on 2011 I try to think what I've learned. I would say one of the greatest lessons I learned is I can't do it all and it's ok. If there are a few dishes in the sink every once in awhile, or a few toys on the floor we will be ok. It's so much more important to step over those toys and sit on the ground to play with my kids. They will never be this age again so I am going to spend more time enjoying this stage of life.
I can't tell you how many times I have told Andrew, "no, we can't leave and do something fun. The house is a mess." Things have changed...... the new Annie says "the dishes can wait, let's go to the movie." I am more focused on spending time with my family and I am loving the more relaxed me.
Here's to a successful, prosperous, happy 2012.
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun night!
Post a Comment