We do meals one of 2 ways at our house. We either make him his special little dinner minus any of his trigger foods and we can all eat together at the table. Like today I have a special little crock pot with his special little dinner in it. I often times have 2 pots on the stove so he can eat a similar dinner to us, but with a lot less ingredients. OR we feed him a totally different dinner then put him to bed so we can eat our garlic filled, egg based food.
Parties and gatherings are interesting. We just follow him around watching every little bite of food that goes in his mouth. And we rarely go out to eat. Poor little stinker just looks at our food and points, then cries because he wants to eat yummy food. I can't blame him. We were at Apollo Burger last week. He can't have the nuggets because the batter has eggs. He can't have the fries because they have garlic. He can't Touch the fry sauce because it has mayo..... yada yada yada. The new story of our lives.
I can think of worse things though. I am grateful that we know why he was sick for the first year of his life. I am grateful he is healthy (for the most part) now. I am curious to see what his doctor says about his gag reflux at his 18 month appointment. I hope we don't have to do the whole scope thing. That would be so hard to watch. Hard, but how lucky we are to have access to modern medicine to help us through this.
So, for now we will continue with feeding that poor kid his boring food. Let's pray his next allergy testing shows he has grown out of at least some of his problem foods.
How many 18 month old kids have their own crock pot?
2 comments:
That is really sad and cute...his crockpot. You are a trooper and so is he, that doesn't sound very fun. :(
He is such a cutie! Sorry it's so hard with his food. We are all hoping he will grow out of some of them.
Post a Comment